I love the look of a vintage style card.
So, when I recently purchased the Dainty Delight bundle in the new mini catalogue -I had to have a play with it!
The best thing about this bundle -is that you can grab yourself some FREE matching paper during this year’s Sale-a-Bration for any purchase over NZ$110 excl. shipping.
But of course, you can make this card using any floral die you may have on hand.
Card requirements to make the vintage style card
- Cardstock – I used Fluid 100 paper or you could try the linen paper ( I wanted some texture to the card)
- Floral die set ( I used the Dainty Delight dies – 160674)
- Stamp set if choice ( I used the Dainty Delight stampset – 161078)
- Old olive inkpad
- Mossy meadow inkpad
- Crumbcake inkpad
- Blending brushes
- Mini dimensionals
- Natural linen ribbon
- Embellishment of choice
- Floral paper scraps ( I used the free SAB matching Dainty Delight paper)
How to make your card
- If using a sheet of Fluid 100 paper -then fold in half and burnish well
- Using a “leaf” stamp -stamp off the image 4x before stamping onto the paper with old olive ink
- Fill the front of the cardfront creating a background
- Now using a blending brush and mossy meadow -LIGHTLY blend over some ink
- Repeat using crumbcake
- This should create the aged vintage look
- Using floral scraps -die cut out stems and flowers (as many as you prefer)
- Glue the stem down in place
- Using a combination of dimensionals and glue -adhere your flowers onto the stem
- Stamp out a sentiment of choice and adhere using dimensionals
- Tie a bow and place at the base of the stem using a glue dot
- Place embellishments where you like
And just like that you’ve created a vintage style card!
I have a similar look card using a vintage style coming later in the month -do go have a look!
If you want to copy me and get the Dainty Delight bundle for yourself –you can buy it online here.