It’s been more than 3 months now since I embarked on my fitness journey!
So, I thought I’d give you an update on my personal training.
Last year, I posted about the fact that I started working with a personal trainer.
You can read all about the who, what and why of my decision here.
This post is not a “look at me” kind of post -but more like “if I can do it, then anyone can!!”
So, how am I doing after more than 12 weeks?
5 things I’ve noticed that have improved:
- I’d like to think that my mindset towards exercise has improved considerably.
- I can open jars by myself again ( I was having to ask hubby too often to help me!)
- My arms don’t get tired drying my hair (yes…it was a real thing)
- I got half way up the Mount this week (a story for another post as to why I didn’t get to the top) BUT my thighs weren’t screaming abuse at me
- My energy levels have improved
My lovely trainer Melissa gave me a cool-looking line graph of my improvement after my 10th session.
It looks rather impressive on paper -but it’s the day-to-day “feeling” that really speaks to me.
So, what next?
Well, I’ve just started my next 10 sessions with Melissa and intend to keep on keeping on.
To be honest, some sessions are blimmin’ hard.
I arrive tired, sore and wonder how the heck I’m going to get through the workout.
But before I know it, I’ve had my 25 minutes with Melissa.
She’s just amazing -always encouraging me, always challenging me with “I can see one more rep in you!” and before I know it, I’m finished for the week!
If you’re reading this update and have been thinking about doing something about your fitness – consider this your nudge!
I’ll write another update of my personal training in another few months!
A strong body is a body that can keep crafting for more years to come!