I am on the Colour Inkspiration Design Team and I love their colour challenges. I made this stunning waterfall funfold card as the colours just worked perfectly for what I had in mind.
As you can probably see -I am showcasing the Dainty Delight stampset once again!!
I just can’t get enough of this stunning, stunning bundle!!
I’ve changed this waterfall funfold card just a little from the original design that I cased from my Team Leader -Jacque Williams.
My card doesn’t have a third folding card -and that’s because I wanted the full impact of the stamped image to be on display.
So, let me tell you how to re-create this card.
Card requirements for your stunning waterfall funfold card
- Thick basic white cardstock cut (1) – 5½” x 8¼”. Score at 4 1/8″
- Blushing bride cardstock cut (2) – 5¼” x 3 7/8″, cut (1) – 1 1/8″ x 3 7/8″,cut (1) – 7½” x 2″ and cut (2) – 2¼” x 2¼”
- Mint Macaron cardstock cut (1) – 2¼” x 2¼”
- DSP -cut (1) -5″ x 3 5/8″ & cut (1)-1″ x 3 3/4″( I used the free SAB Dainty Delight paper in blushing bride)
- Basic white cardstock cut (3) – 2 1/8″ x 2 1/8″ & cut (1) – 5″ x 3 3/4″ (READ INSTRUCTIONS BELOW BEFORE CUTTING)
- Blushing bride stamp pad & write marker
- Garden green stamp pad & write marker
- Mint Macaron stamp pad & write marker
- Sahara Sand stamp pad
- Memento Black ink
- Blending brush
- Brushed brass butterfly embellishment
- Dainty Delight stampset (161078)
- Matte white dots
How to make your card
- Burnish your cardbase and set aside
- Score the 2″ x 7½” blushing bride cardstock – 4½”,5¼” and 6″ (waterfall section)
- Fold the score lines in the same direction
- Glue the small piece of DSP onto the rectangle piece of cardstock
- Adhere the larger DSP onto one of the larger pieces of blushing bride cardstock
- Apply some tear and tape to the back of the 1½ section of the waterfall section
- Now adhere this to the rectangle DSP/cardstock
- Make sure the waterfall mechanism lies behind the rectangle
- Now adhere some tear and tape to the side of each rectangle and adhere that to the larger DSP piece
- Now take a piece of basic white cardstock that measures 2 1/8″ wide and a reasonable length
- Stamp your image using memento black
- Colour in the leaves and flowers using write markers
- NOW cut two(2) 2 1/8″ x 2 1/8″ pieces out of your stamped image
- Gently blend sahara sand over them
- Adhere a strip of tear/tape just below the 1st waterfall score line.
- Adhere the 1st stamped image onto blushing bride cardstock square
- Adhere onto tear/tape
- Repeat with the second stamped image
- Stamp a sentiment onto the 3rd square of basic white cardstock
- Adhere this onto the mint macaron square
- Adhere this below the floral image using tear/tape
- Make sure this bottom doesn’t exceed the cardbase
- Place your matte dots and butterflies in place
- Stamp the basic white inner and glue this onto the matte
- Glue this into your card inner
And just like that you have created this stunning waterfall funfold card!
I hope you’ve found this inspiring!
Like this stampset?
If you like what you see –be sure to check out when my next card classes begin for 2023.