Every now and then we all need a special occasion card.
Last month we attended the 45th wedding anniversary of friends of ours.
My friend and her husband spent a few years living in United Arab Emirates for work.
I also know that my friend is absolutely mad over anything that has bling.
And gold is one of her favourite colours!
So, when I saw this card shown at the OnStage event for Stampin’Up! demonstrators last November by the founder of Stampin’Up! -Shelli, I knew it would suit this couple perfectly.
I have changed the card slightly from the original card that Shelli made- making this a perfect card for a special occasion.
Card requirements for a special occasion card
- Thick basic white cardstock cut(1) – 5″ x 10″ and score at 5″
- Scrap basic white cardstock for stamped images and inside panel
- Designer series paper – I used Delicate Desert 12″x12″ ( 160521) -I cut the DSP to 4 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ -then cut into 2 triangles
- Desert Details Stampset (160523)
- Desert Details Die (160531) -you can get these as a bundle (160532)
- Gold faceted adhesive backed sequins (160536)
- Gold embossing powder
- Versamark refill
- Alphabet A La Mode Dies (160750)
- Gold foil paper (old retired)
- Gold Trim ( my own stash)
- Pale papaya inkpad
Putting your card together
- Burnish your basic white cardbase
- Taking one of the triangles cut from the DSP -glue only on 3 of the sides( not the longest side)
- Position the triangle in place on your cardfront
- Stamp the desert roses in pale papaya onto scrap white cardstock and die cut
- Adhere using dimensionals onto the DSP
- Die cut leaves out using the green DSP in the pack and lightly adhere in place using liquid glue
- Be sure to only glue at the base of the leaves so that they are loose on top for a 3D look
- Using a clear block – squeeze some versamark refill onto the block
- Mix with a little water , and then using an old firm paintbrush -tap dots onto the card
- Cover dots with gold embossing powder
- Heat set with a heat tool
- Die cut out the numbers needed for the special occasion -mine was 4 & 5 from the Alphabet A La Mode die
- Adhere flat with liquid glue
- Adhere the sequins behind the triangle
- Using gold twin -adhere cut outs with gluedots
- For the inside of the card -use the other DSP triangle and reverse the direction
- Adhere 3 sides only -leaving the longest side unglued
- Adhere desert roses with dimensionals
- Adhere leaves
- Adhere some sequins
- Die cut out a removable sentiment card using the frame in the dieset
- Stamp your envelope with the matching desert rose
And just like that you have created a stunning card for a special occasion!
If you love this card and would like to get the bundle and papers for yourself –you can shop for them right here.
If you’d like to learn more about paper crafting , be sure to check out when my next class will be.
Until next time!