It’s not long to go before Christmas -so here’s a quick and easy way to make your own gift bags for Christmas.
This recipe is quite economical -as you can get 1 bag out of a sheet of 12″x12″ paper.
You will have a decent size of paper left over (4inches), which you can always use to make a matching card.
What you will need to make your own gift bag
- 1 piece of designer series paper -cut 8″ x 11″
- Strong adhesive – I use Stampin’Up! Seal +
- Paper trimmer
- Scoring tool
- Matching ribbon (optional)
Let’s put this bag together
- Score on the long side of your paper at the following: 1½”;5¼”, 6 3/4″ & 10½”
- Score on the short side – 1½”
- Burnish all the score lines with the paper turning into the inside of the bag
- With the long scored piece at the bottom of the paper – cut the score lines up to the 1½” score line
- There will be a narrow piece that’s rectangular in shape
- Cut of the rectangle -but leave the 2 squares in place
- Place your adhesive down the narrow strip
- Flatten the bag with the strip of adhesive facing up
- Adhere the wider piece of paper onto the narrow strip -matching the score lines
- Now tuck in the square flaps and lastly adhere the last flap
- You can now squeeze in the sides of the bag
- Tie a ribbon around the top edge of the bag
You have now finished creating your own gift bag for Christmas!
For further gift making ideas PLUS a video of this bag -feel free to visit my Youtube channel.
If you love the idea of paper crafting and would love to be part of my team – feel free to have a read through my story.
Remember Stamp, Eat, Sleep, Repeat!