This is the last of my Christmas Card ideas for the 2022 Christmas season and what a better way to say it than “let’s get into the spirit”.
I started off messing around with my Bottled Happiness Bundle – my first attempt at this card wasn’t great.
Do you have that happen too some days?
I really wanted to highlight both the stamp and the fun domed vintage bottles.
So, I set to work and decided that I still wanted the traditional red and green colours -but not a traditional Christmas look.
- Evening evergreen cardbase – cut 5½” x 8 ¼” scored at 4 1/8″
- Basic white cardstock – cut 4″ x 5 3/8″
- Bottled happiness bundle
- Evening evergreen Stampin’Up! inkpad
- Mossy Meadow Stampin’Up! inkpad
- Shaded Spruce Stampin’Up! inkpad
- Merry Merlot Stampin’Up! inkpad
- Linen thread
- Vintage bottled domes
- Adhesives of choice
- Small piece of clear acetate to fit the punched dome
How to make your “Let’s get into the spirit” card
- Punch out the bottle from the Bottled Happiness Bundle in the place where you want the dome to fit on your basic white cardstock piece
- Stamp bottles of choice in the shades of green or choose your own
- I made a mask for the smaller bottle when stamping the flowers -you do this by stamping the bottle. Then stamping it again onto a post it note. Cut out the stamped image on the post it note and place over the first stamped image. Now stamp your flowers. This way it looks like they’re in the vase
- Pull off the top layer of adhesive of the dome
- Place your dome into the punched out space.
- Fill it with the effervescents
- Pull off the bottom layer of adhesive
- Place the acetate over the adhesive layer
- Stamp your sentiment on the front of the card
- Adhere your embellishments including a bow with linen thread
- Place glue on the back and adhere to your cardbase
And just like that you’ve whipped up a pretty non traditional Christmas card!
If you like this bundle, check out this card idea.
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a crafty 2023!
Remember Stamp, Eat, Sleep, Repeat!