I love being a Stampin Up! demonstrator! Who wouldn’t love getting paid to craft with friends?
If you’ve ever considered becoming a demonstrator, now could be a great time!
Whether you want to earn extra household income, create a business, or simply get a discount on your stamping supplies, being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator can help you meet your goals.
I’ve been using Stampin Up! products since 2007 when I was introduced to them by a mutual papercraft friend. I took one look at their products and fell head over heels in love!
It wasn’t until 2021, when I finally realised that I should’ve signed up as a demonstrator years ago. I was regularly placing orders – and I was always getting friends together to have a great time crafting.
So, I made the right decision to sign up -and haven’t looked back since that day!
I have grown SO much in my personal style of crafting – all because I am now exposed to other demonstrators; I participate in challenges and best of all – I share what I love, and love what I do!
The best part of being a demonstrator, is that it also offers you the opportunity to take your stamping business as far as you want it to go! You can stay a hobby demonstrator -or you can aim for the sky. Both of these can be the right decision for YOUR goals!
Some of the benefits of joining my team as a demonstrator:
- Enjoy the support and company of not only myself as your direct manager, but of the entire team.
- Potential for hobby or building your business. Or simply enjoy a discount on your own crafting purchases!
- Flexibility in how you run your business and how small or large you want to make it.
- Build life-long friendships not only with the team, but with clients and support staff.
- Participate in online groups such as my team Facebook group, the larger team Facebook group, and so much more.
- Learn both creative and business skills at demonstrator events, such as team meetings, bi-annual Stampin’ Up! sponsored training events, and demonstrator catalogue launches. (attendance at all events is optional).
- Earn bonus Product Credits as a new demonstrator during your first six months when you meet sales and recruiting targets. (optional, but well worth doing)
- Join in on team swaps either in person or via the post to gain many beautiful samples for display at your events or for personal inspiration with much less effort on your part.
- Receive a regular team newsletter from me so you don’t miss a thing.
- Opportunity to pre-order products before they are publicly available.
- Benefit from a minimum 20% discount on all your purchases ( this will increase with promotion to different titles)
- Earn host rewards for yourself on any order over $300 (provided you don’t have a hostess for that order)
- Potential to earn cash bonuses based on sales, recruiting, and your own team’s performance.
Common concerns are “where will I find my project ideas” and “is anyone going to help me”? As part of joining my team, you will have the following resources for ideas AND support:
- Team Meetings – exclusive training for class ideas and business
- Team Swaps – you can take part via post if necessary. Participation is always optional.
- Team Facebook Groups
- One on One Calls for my Direct Reports (those who sign up directly with me) (optional)
- Access to the Demonstrator Support Team in Australia with a toll-free number
- Option to attend my classes as space permits for training purposes
- You can put in as little or as much time as you like with your new business. There is no minimum number of hours to meet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the minimum sales requirement to stay active as a demonstrator? You need only submit 300 CSV (approx $500 price NZD) quarter to remain a demonstrator. (This is less than the average sales in a single workshop. If you hold just one event a month, you can usually meet your quarterly minimum. However, you can also purchase the minimum amount yourself or with a few friends). You can submit your sales requirements in one order or in smaller orders over the course of the three-month period.
- What if I want to do this as a hobby and not necessarily as a business? You are welcome on the team no matter how you want to run your demonstrator ship or to what volume. If you choose not to hold events, you can work to generate online orders, orders from family and friends, and order product for yourself.
- Can I be my own hostess? Yes. You can hold your own workshops and be your own hostess, collecting hostess dollars as well as your own discount and any other associated benefits.
- How much does it cost to buy the Starter Kit? The kit is $189 and you can choose what comes in it! Choose up to $285 worth of product plus you will receive a business supply pack valued at $90 (catalogues, order forms, etc).
- Can I still attend classes? I very much value having team members in class so they can learn how I work and learn stamp techniques. I only ask that you not market yourself as a demonstrator to my clients (do not ask for orders, ask for their contact details for any reason, invite them to your own classes, etc.) I am happy to brainstorm with you ways and places you can ethically find customers instead. In addition, we have many demonstrator-only events.
- Do I have to recruit? No, there is no requirement to build your own team. However, there are many benefits to doing so, such as the close relationships and the support you can give each other. If it’s something you’d like to do, I will give you full support and resources to help you meet your goals.
- What if I don’t meet the minimums or things change for me? You may stop at any time and will not be penalized. You simply stop placing orders. You may rejoin at any time. However, there are many benefits to remaining an active demonstrator.