I am such a sucker for forest -like images!
So when I saw this Happy Forest Friends suite in the annual catalogue -it was one of the first things in my cart!
What I really love about this suite are the papers.
I used them in this project to make an easy water colour card.
The suite comes with a stamp set, dies to match, the stunning papers and ribbon.
I AM IN LOVE!!
I decided to do something different with the bear for this card.
The bear is a distinctive stamp – which means you get a more textured look to the image.
However, I decided to lightly stamp the image using Memento Black ink.
And then I used my water colour pencils -the black, white and grey pencils to colour in his body.
Using the water colour pencils, I was able to create a “coat” rather than a flat image.
So, how did I create this card?
What you will need to create this easy water colour card
- Cardstock cut 8¼” x 5½’ -scored at 4 1/8″ (this is your card base and I used so sahara)
- Designer series paper from Happy Forest Friends -cut 5½” x 4 1/8″
- Scrap basic white (for the bear)
- Scraps designer series paper (3) for the balloons
- Sweet sorbet bakers twine
- Water colour pencils -black, white & grey
- Liquid glue
- Oval punch
- Balloon punch
- Water painters/paintbrush and a bowl of water
How to make this card
- Glue the designer series paper onto the front of the card base
- Lightly stamp the image in memento black -and WIPE OFF the middle section where his body is.
- Using your water colour pencils -colour in his body as you desire
- I then used my water painters to mix in the water colour pencils
- Continue adding layers of colour until you’re happy with the result
- Punch out the balloons
- Adhere them with dimensionals
- Using glue dots -add the bakers twine underneath the balloons
- Adhere the bear in place with dimensionals
And just like that you’ve created an easy water colour card!
If you love this paper and the stampset -you can purchase them online from me.
I hope that you are inspired by this gorgeous set!
If you’d like to play with these papers, I will be featuring them on my retreat next week.
Are you joining me?
Until next time!