Our one and only grand daughter recently turned 4 and I needed to make a cute birthday card for her.
She loves green and Disney Princesses.
I don’t have any Disney Princess stamps in my stash, but I do have a ton of green!!
So, I decided to whip up this cute birthday card using the newest green in my collection -Parakeet Party.
It’s one of the 2022-2024 Stampin’Up! In-colours.
I discussed them all in a blog many months ago.
Then I had to decide what theme I wanted her card to be -and as my heart overfills with love for her, I went with hearts.
Some of the hearts came from the Cheerful Basket Bundle and some came from the Country Floral Lane.
I will post the link down below for all the items I used in this card.
How to make a cute birthday card
- Parakeet party cardstock cut(1)- 11″x 5½” and score at 5½” on long side
- Basic white cardstock cut (1) – 4 3/8″ x 5 3/”
- Basic white scraps for stamping
- Stampsets of choice – I used Cheerful Basket & Country Bouquet Bundle
- Dies for number – I used Alphabet a’la mode
- Embossing folder – I used 3D brick tiles
- Parakeet Party inkpad
- Sweet Sorbet Inkpad
- Soft suede inkpad
- Sold faceted gems
Putting your card together
- Emboss the basic white paper and glue to the card front
- Stamp basket in soft suede and lightly colour in using a blender pen(optional)
- Die cut basket
- Stamp hearts out and die cut
- Adhere to the back of the basket using liquid glue
- Then adhere everything with dimensionals
- Stamp and punch out hearts
- Position with liquid glue and dimensionals
- Stamp sentiment in parakeet party and sweet sorbet
- I used the Grand Kids stampset
- Adhere both using liquid glue
- Add your bling!
And just like that you’ve made a very cute birthday card suitable for a Princess who loves green.
I also made a few other things for her Disney Princess Party on my TikTok account -why not follow me there for other inspirational ideas?
And speaking of inspiration – also don’t forget to sign up for my newsletters! There are always heaps of ideas, tips and techniques for you.
Here’s the shopping link for the products I used in this project
Until next time