Have you ever done surgery on your stamps before?
I was playing around in my craft room over the weekend and wanted to try out my new die -the split card textures die that’s in the annual catalogue on page 174. But the stamp set didn’t work for my project. I needed to perform stamp surgery. A little more on how I did that later in my blog.
Who doesn’t love dies that create a little bit of interest on a card -and that don’t just cut out stamped images?
So, when I spied this die, I was very excited!
A while back, I wrote a blog about some of the other items that I had on my wish list from the annual catalogue and mentioned this die in that blog post.
How did I create this card?
You will need the following items if you would like to copy my design.
- Thick basic white cardstock -cut 5½” x 8¼” -scored at 4 1/8″
- Designer series paper -cut 5½” x 4 1/8″ ( I used the Splendid Day 12’x12′ specialty paper)
- Basic white cardstock -enough to die cut the split card
- Something circular -I used retired doillies
- Circle dies (I used retired layering circles die)
- Gold twine
- Stamp set of choice ( I used the recent Sale-a-Bration July/August 2022 Amazing Phrasing)
How to put together your card & do stamp surgery
- Using the designer series paper -die cut on the right hand side of the paper. I used the floral die for this card. Make sure you leave enough room on the sides -otherwise the die will cut off the cardstock ( ask me how I know!!)
- Repeat the process on the basic white cardstock scrap -and then tear off the excess cardstock in a diagonal direction
- Glue down the die cut designer series paper onto the cardfront
- Now adhere the torn white cardstock at the opposite angle
- Adhere your circle shape -I cut my doilie in half.
Now for the stamp surgery tip!!
The WOOHOO was all in one piece and I wanted it to fit onto a circle.
So, I cut the stamp in half between the O of the WOO and the H of HOO
How easy was that!
- I then stamped the sentiment using Soft Suede
- Glued that onto the layered circle and then adhered the layer with dimensionals
I then put on some bling – with gold twine and some embellishments.
It was such a fun and easy card to make and I just love how it turned out!
I hope you decide to add this fun die to your stamping stash!
Until next time!