I created this gorgeous card design for the Colour Inkspiration challenge #134.
In this blog, I take you through how easy it is to re-create this look.
If you haven’t heard of Colour Inkspiration challenges -you can request to join them here.
You have to use Stampin’Up! colours and being part of the CK design crew has been so much fun for me the past year!
I have also uploaded some of my previous CK winning designs from last year to purchase.
- Thick basic white cardstock -cut 5½” x 8¼” -scored at 4 1/8″
- Basic white cardstock – cut 5 3/8″ x 4″ (emboss)
- Scraps of basic white or watercolour paper
- Splendid thoughts bundle
- Parakeet Party Stampin’Up inkpad
- Sweet Sorbet Stampin’Up inkpad
- Memento Black inkpad
- Versamark inkpad
- Copper metallic embossing powder
- Rustic Mettalic Adhesive Backed dots
- Fern 3D embossing folder
- Adhesives of choice -tombo, dimensionals
- Water spritzer
- Heat tool
How to put together your colour inkspiration challenge #134 card
- Emboss the basic white cardstock and fold over the top left corner using your bone folder.
- I find spritzing the paper lightly with water helps to bend the paper easily
- Using either basic white scraps or watercolour paper – stamp the open designed leaf pattern using memento black ink
- Now mount the closed image leaf stamps onto your clear block, ink it with parakeet party and then lightly spritz with water
- Stamp this over the memento black ink open image
- Repeat for the flower pattern -only this time use sweet sorbet for the flowers
- Die cut out the leaves and flowers
- Die cut out 1x half moon
- Lightly wipe versamark over the “bowl” where you want the powder to fall
- Coat with the copper embossing powder, but wipe excess off to achieve the distressed look of the photo
- Set powder with your heat tool
- Arrange your die cut leaves and flowers in a pattern
- Using dimensionals, adhere the copper bowl onto the top of the floral arrangement.
- Place embellishments in place around the floral design
- Adhere this panel onto your cardbase
Well done! You have just re-created this colour inkspiration challenge #134 card.
I hope that you enjoyed this design -be sure to check out my other project ideas.
Happy crafting – until we meet again
Remember Stamp, Eat, Sleep, Repeat