This buckle fun fold card is super easy to put together -you just need some paper, cardstock and your imagination!
In this blog post, I will provide you with all the measurements and instructions on how to make your own buckle fun fold card PLUS share some images of other cards using the same technique.
Shall we get started?
Requirements for the Buckle fun fold card
You will need the following to make your version of this card:
- Cardstock of choice (card base) – cut to 4¼” x 8 5/8″ -score at 3 1/8″ ( I used smoky slate)
- Designer series paper (left panel) – 2 7/8″ x 4″
- Designer series paper (inside) – 4″ x 5¼”
- Cardstock of choice (inside panel) – 2 3/4″ x 3 5/8″
- Thick basic white cardstock – 2½” x 7″ -score at 3½”
- Stitched rectangle die (smallest rectangle die)
- Burnish your card base and set aside
- Glue the left panel DSP onto the left front panel of the card base
- Glue the inside DSP onto the inside of the card base
- If you want to CASE the image above -you will need to white emboss the stamp from Splendid thoughts and then gently apply the resist emboss technique using smoky slate ink and blending brush. I have made another post here using the resist emboss technique.
- Emboss another white leaf, die cut the leaf and then blend it using smoky slate.
- Die cut another leaf out of basic black
- Glue the inside panel cardstock onto the DSP
- Now burnish the thick basic white cardstock and glue onto the inside panel -make sure you have the folded side on the right side
- Die cut the rectangle out of the front panel -place the rectangle in the middle of the left panel
- Assemble the floral arrangement onto the front of the basic white panel that tucks into the die cut rectangle
- Embellish using embellishment of choice -for this design I used pearls.
As you can see in this image above – I used a designer series paper to make more of the statement.
You can have so much fun using this basic template.
Here’s another example and a video explaining how to make the card:
I hope this inspires you!
Until next time!